Whether you’re Irish to the core or just for the day, there’s plenty o’ fun for your family in our area this week.
MARCH 12 (SATURDAY)
– Murphy’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade (Hillsboro): Participate in this beloved 40-year tradition—parade, food, and children’s activities. Parade at 11:00 am, lunch at noon.
– St. Agatha’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival (Portland): This Catholic school’s yearly celebration features a parade, carnival, 5k fun run, and live entertainment, all starting at 11:00 am.
– Luckython (Aloha): Bring the whole family to the Reserve Vineyards and Golf Club for fun runs for kids, competitive races for adults, and a potato bar for all.
MARCH 13 (SUNDAY)
– Shamrock Run (Portland): With all sorts of races, ranging from stroller-friendly runs to a half marathon, this event has something for everybody.
MARCH 17 (THURSDAY)
– Paddy’s St. Patrick’s Celebration (Portland): This tented street party is family-friendly from 11:00 am to 9:30 pm. Come for a Irish feast and exciting entertainment—bagpipes, dancers, bands, and more.
– St. Patrick’s Day Celebration by the Oregon Irish Club (Portland): From 4:00 to 9:00 pm at the Ambridge Event Center you can see Irish dancers and bands, visit the children’s area, and enjoy Irish food. See site for admission prices.
– McMenamins (several locations): This Portland chain invites all ages to come for delicious food and special Irish entertainment.
– St. Patrick’s Day Dinner (Hillsboro): Enjoy corn beef and cabbage, boiled potatoes, and more at the senior center. $6/person.
Anything I missed?? Let me know and I’ll add it to the list!