Want to burn some calories before the big feast this Thanksgiving? Bring your families and tie up those laces, and head to one of these fun turkey-trot races.
November 21 (TUESDAY)
–Youth Turkey Trot (Hillsboro, Hare Field, 4:00 to 7:00 pm): Come to the 22nd Annual Hillsboro Turkey Trot for preschoolers through 8th graders. Winners take home a turkey!
November 22 (WEDNESDAY)
– Turkey Trot 5k Run/Walk + Kids Trot (Portland International Raceway, 7:00 to 10:00 pm): Register to run through the raceway’s holiday lights. Dogs and strollers welcome!
November 23 (THURSDAY)
– Turkey Trot at the Oregon Zoo (Portland, 8:00 to 9:45 am): This 4-mile fun run or walk winds through Washington Park and ends at the zoo. Children events included, and jogging strollers welcome. Register today.
– Give ‘n’ Gobble (Sherwood High School, 8:00 am): This 5k walk or 10k run with a food drive is a Thanksgiving tradition. This race sells out, so register in advance.
– Oregon Turkeython at Bridgeport Village (Tigard, 8:30 am): This fun morning includes a 5k, 10k, and Kidathon. Register online.
– Oregon Food Bank Turkeython (Portland, 8:30 am): This race at Rock Creek Country Club is for kids and famililes. Register in advance.